If your TV is an HD Capable set and your cable is not HD that is the problem. We have a lot of people complain about Digital Cable on HD Sets because the “Digital Cable” name is pretty much a joke. The signal is not truly digital because it is going through THREE digital to analog conversions before it reaches your Television. If you’re watching through Channel 3 that’s a big problem too, but if you’re using Composite, or S-Video this will help a little. The biggest problem with Cable and HD capable TVs is the Progressive Scan Line Doubler built into all TVs, they take an incoming signal and basically fill in the missing information, but because Digital Cable goes through the Digital To Analog Conversion so many times the signal is poor when it gets there, so the poor signal is doubled in a sense. If you’re paying $50 now for Cable, I’d look into DirecTV because it doesn’t go through the same conversions, it comes into your box Digital and out Digital based on how you connect it to your TV. And for $63 you can get 200 channels in digital and another 20 or so in HD.This is one of the points that we’ve been having to do a lot of training on over the last two years for our retailer trainings, we’ve heard this complaint alot. Digital cable is very pixelated, so when it goes through the line doubler in the TV it becomes twice as bad.
- My TV only has a digital output (Optical or Coaxial), and my receiver only has RCA inputs – how do I connect it?
- Do the new 3D TVs show 2D pictures too? Or is it just 3D?
- Is it possible to hook TWO surround systems together for more sound?
- How do I hook a Blu-Ray player up to Two TVs?
- Do I want to buy a Plasma, LCD or LED TV?
- Is there a remote under $500 that will control my entire system and that I can program without a degree in remote programming?
- Why is my surround sound shutting off when loud explosions or volume increases occur?
- How do you stream video from a Media Center PC to a TV in another room? Options for wiring?
- Can an SDTV work with HDTV Broadcasts?
- How do I get better sound out of my XBOX 360 through my DVD built in sound system without an Optical Input?