When it comes to Home Theater systems with DVD players built into them, this tends to be the number one complaint. Although you don’t have an optical input on the unit, you do have the analog audio inputs (Right , White ) which you can connect the XBOX 360 to. It will not produce the 5.1 surround sound that the system is capable of, but it should have a surround mode for gaming, or general purpose that will make the gaming experience more complete. If you want to enhance the sound even more check out upgrading the Audio/Video cables to Monster Game Cables from Monster Cable, they will maximize your picture and sound to its best capabilities. Also if you want more of the surround experience use the Level settings on the system to raise the level of the Surround Speakers so that there is more active sound from behind you. If it really gets down to you wanting the optical input, you can switch out the receiver, and more than likely keep the existing speakers, or switch out the speakers as well since you have the wires run through the wall. But if you do that you will either end up using the XBOX360 as your DVD player, or purchase a DVD player as well. There are some really good HTIBs out there now for under $500, one in particular from Sony, comes with an up-converting DVD player, and HDMI connectivity on the receiver for future use as well.
- My TV only has a digital output (Optical or Coaxial), and my receiver only has RCA inputs – how do I connect it?
- Do the new 3D TVs show 2D pictures too? Or is it just 3D?
- Is it possible to hook TWO surround systems together for more sound?
- How do I hook a Blu-Ray player up to Two TVs?
- Do I want to buy a Plasma, LCD or LED TV?
- Is there a remote under $500 that will control my entire system and that I can program without a degree in remote programming?
- Why is my surround sound shutting off when loud explosions or volume increases occur?
- How do you stream video from a Media Center PC to a TV in another room? Options for wiring?
- Can an SDTV work with HDTV Broadcasts?
- How do I get better sound out of my XBOX 360 through my DVD built in sound system without an Optical Input?