There are a couple of different ways to do this, but the easiest is this:
For watching cable – on the back of your digital cable box you will have an audio output (red/white – left/right). Basically all you do there is connect that output to the input on your GS system and when you are watching anything on the cable box, the sound will then come through the GS.Your TV may have an audio output as well, if it does, then all you do is connect an audio cable from the TV audio output to the GS input and from there anything going through the TV would come out through the GS. I’m not a big fan of doing this though because if you watch your TV through Channel 3, it converts sounds to mono, even if you have a stereo TV. The best bet is to just run audio out of your sources like your cable box, VCR, etc. directly into the GS. Hope this helps.
- My TV only has a digital output (Optical or Coaxial), and my receiver only has RCA inputs – how do I connect it?
- Do the new 3D TVs show 2D pictures too? Or is it just 3D?
- Is it possible to hook TWO surround systems together for more sound?
- How do I hook a Blu-Ray player up to Two TVs?
- Do I want to buy a Plasma, LCD or LED TV?
- Is there a remote under $500 that will control my entire system and that I can program without a degree in remote programming?
- Why is my surround sound shutting off when loud explosions or volume increases occur?
- How do you stream video from a Media Center PC to a TV in another room? Options for wiring?
- Can an SDTV work with HDTV Broadcasts?
- How do I get better sound out of my XBOX 360 through my DVD built in sound system without an Optical Input?